If you are going to be a speaker for the rest of your life, then NSA is your FUTURE!
NSA Houston’s Speakers Academy IS:
The best opportunity anywhere, to get the most support, with the best and fastest start, at the lowest price, with the greatest number of resources, to take your speaking business to the next level!
Here are some key events/dates to put on your calendar now- you don't want to miss any!
1. Boot Camp Intensive: 6 Saturday Meetings
- 3 full day sessions held at The Domain, 811 Town and Country Blvd, 77024
- 3 half-day sessions held at The United Way, 50 Waugh Drive, 77007 following the monthly NSAH professional workshop
- Mar 21, 12:30-3:30 pm @United Way - Academy Orientation!
- April 4, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm @The Domain
- April 18, 12:30-3:30 pm @United Way
- May 2 , 12:30 - 3:30 pm @United Way
- May 16, 9:30-3:30 pm @The Domain
- May 30, 9:30-3:30 pm @ The Domain
3. Professional Demo Video Shoot: June 6 (Location TBD)
4. Virtual Coaching Sessions: Dates/Times TBD (we will set dates that work for the majority of participants)
Here's Why You SHould Join the Academy Now
You'll be led by Academy Dean Amy Castro, MA, CSP - 25 years experience as a speaker and speaking business owner, Certified Speaking Professional (designation earned by only about 12% of speakers world wide), 2018-2019 NSAH president.You will receive both individual and group coaching and training sessions led by Amy and many other succesful professional speakers to provide you with the specific advice and consulting you need to lay a powerful foundation for a career as a professional speaker.
- Clarify your ‘WHY’ that will keep you on a path to success.
- Set goals that you will reach in your speaking business.
- Define your primary message, topic, and outline for keynote presentation to a target market that can pay you.
- Define (or redefine) what type of a presenter you are and want to be.
- Learn how to build and manage your business better.
- Discover additional products and services that allow you to get paid for not being there.
- Determine what you are selling and to whom you are selling.
- Develop a marketing and sales plan that includes:
- Creating a speaker “one sheet” (Google: “sample speaker one sheets”) that helps sell you to meeting planners who can hire you
- Developing or improving your website with relevant contact that will get you booked.
- Providing resources and products that could augment your existing speaking efforts.
- Polish your presentations and performances.
- Learn fresh tips about platform mechanics.
- Put together next steps for building a successful long-term business fueled by speaking.
Your NSAH 2020 Academy Membership Provides You with All These Additional Benefits As Well
1. NSA Houston Candidate Membership and All Access Pass through June 2021 which gives you access to ALL Professional Development Workshops and discounts on NSAH Professional Labs from the time the Academy begins through the June 2021 meeting!
NSAH Professional workshops feature the best nationally recognized professional speakers sharing their secrets of success in a wide range of cutting edge tools and techniques that will enhance the quality and expand the possibilities for your own speaking business - every month! NSA Houston professional workshops are held at the United Way, 50 Waugh Dr, Houston, TX 77007, most 3rd Saturdays of the month.
2. Your Own Professionally Produced Demo Video, a 2 camera, 8-10 minute shoot, (a $500+ value!)
3. Access to all available archived videos of past NSA Houston Professional Development Workshops from the last 6 years with some of the best, most successful speakers in the country on a wide range of topics you need to know to build a long lasting, successful speaking career.
4. The Official NSA Academy 10 Module Manual prepared by NSA national to provide a check list foundation of everything you need to know to build your speaking business.
Designed to reinforce NSA’s four professional competencies (Expertise, Enterprise, Eloquence, and Ethics), NSAHouston’s Speaker Academy is packed with practical tools, inspiring demonstrations and insightful Q&As provided by some of the best talent the Houston speaking industry has to offer.
5. Access to Greater Houston’s Convention and Visitor's Bureau's Contact Information for Conferences and Conventions coming to Houston over the year.
Who Should Participate? If you have read this far, then….YOU!
This program is designed for:
New speakers who want to accelerate their careers,
Experienced speakers who want a structured year to gear up and reboot,
Trainers and coaches who wish to become keynoter and/or breakout presenters,
Professionals, authors, and experts who want to use speaking to promote their businesses, to generate product and to increase revenue, and,
Those with a calling to move an audience with what has made a difference in your own life.
If YOU RECOGNIZE THE INCREDIBLE VALUE OF NSA HOUSTON’S SPEAKERS ACADEMY FOR YOU AND YOUR CAREER...
We invite you to begin your process towards becoming a member of NSA Houston and our Speakers Academy by:
Step 1: Review the dates and times of Academy Meetings to ensure you can 100% commit to the program and attend ALL meetings!
Step 3: After your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted to welcome you into the Academy and to explore how the Speakers Academy best aligns with your goals for your professional growth.
Step 4: Complete your payment process below once you've been accepted into the Academy!